If youre a parent looking for a San Diego preschool then one thing you should know is that not all playschools are created equal. Some parents are under the misguided impression that real education doesnt start until high school and that it doesnt matter which daycare center you choose because preschool is all fun and games anyway.
On the contrary, each day that your little one spends in preschool helps create a lifetime foundation and love for learning.
Know a Good Chula Vista Preschool When You See One
- Begin by asking trusted friends and colleagues where they send their kids to school and get their feedback. Do sufficient online research by visiting school websites. Read, narrow down your research then schedule your visits.
Deciding whether youve found the best school for your child wont be possible unless youve actually done an ocular survey of the place.
- Its not enough for the classrooms to look cheery and attractive. They have to create an environment conducive for learning. The best preschools have individual spaces for reading, eating, art, water play, and so on.
- Classrooms should be organized and sanitary. That said, beware of rooms that are too neat because this may mean that the teachers dont allow the kids to play, explore and just be kids.
A good Chula Vista preschool possesses a played in atmosphere, which suggests that the teachers allow the kids to move freely and independently.
Theres More than Meets the Eye: Other Things to Look for in Child Care in San Diego
- As a parent, understand that it is common for preschoolers to experience anxiety for being away from home. The most ideal preschool is one, which provides kids with a feeling that they are in their second home.
- Your little one should be able to easily access the amenities in the classroom such as the potty, the library, or the sink without the need for an adults assistance every single time. Facilities like sinks and toilets must be kid-sized.
- Observe not just the place but also the students. One sign of a good San Diego preschool is when you can see and hear happy and enthusiastic children actively participating in school activities.
Kids who look bored out of their wits or are sitting silently for several minutes straight suggest that the program is either too rigid, too lax, or place too much performance pressure on the under-fives.
Select the Right Chula Vista Preschool Program for your Precious One
- As a parent, you need to familiarize yourself with the schools curriculum, and the reasoning and benefits behind the syllabus. Interview each center about their methods and styles for preparing the kids for school then compare them with each other.
Its important to consider your own childs learning style so you can decide which preschool program will benefit him/her the most.
- Note that preschoolers are not meant for a demanding academic program. It is highly recommended to opt for a Chula Vista preschool composed of a dynamic curriculum, which changes and grows along with your child.
The program should enable your preschooler to explore something new from time to time.
- The curriculum, the study materials, and the educational toys should all be appropriate for your childs age. These should encourage creativity and imagination.
Learning materials should have the double purpose of fostering independence and inspiring your child to express himself/herself freely.
- Opt for a preschool program that is discovery-based. This is better than one which emphasizes practice skills.
Other Qualities of the Best Preschools in San Diego
- The best schools possess a solid philosophy and structure. Look for one with specific guidelines for addressing negative behavior.
- The school should create age-appropriate activities suited for your kids motor and mental skills. This way, they can set the stage for situations where your child can succeed.
- Find out how the pupils are clustered together and whether they are kept within the same age group. It is vital for preschoolers to be taught social skills at a tender age.
That said, if preschoolers are mixed with bigger kids in activities, this may set up the stage for failure since they are placed with children with more advanced mental and motor skills.
In conclusion, the path to becoming a confident and independent adult with a passion for learning begins at preschool. Therefore, the best school is one, which instills within your child the qualities of autonomy, intellectual curiosity and self-expression.
The perfect preschool will not cram your kids head with numbers and words, but foster within him the desire to learn and excel instead, not because he is expected to, but because he wants and chooses to. Look at the video below for more info:
Sakai, K. (2013). 10 Steps to Finding the Right Preschool: A Parent's Checklist. Retrieved from: https://www.parentmap.com/article/10-steps-to-finding-a-preschool
Friedman, A. (2014). 8 Things to Consider When Choosing a Preschool. Retrieved from: https://www.care.com/a/8-things-to-consider-when-choosing-a-preschool-11091516
What to Expect. (n.d.).The Preschool Visit-How to Tell if You've Found a Good Preschool. Retrieved from: http://www.whattoexpect.com/toddler/starting-preschool/school-visits.aspx